Work Camper Jobs
What is a Work Camper?A Work Camper combines part-time, full-time paid or volunteer work. Work Campers generally receive compensation in the form of a free campsite, usually with free utilities and additional wages. Work Camper positions can include working at campgrounds, RV parks, mobile home communities, Christmas tree or pumpkin sales lots, amusement parks, motels/hotels, national parks, state parks, U.S. Army Corps of Engineer locations, national monuments, lighthouses, retail stores, food service, sales and more. Work Camper jobs are particularly popular among retirees. While year round Work Camper jobs do exist, many Work Camper positions are seasonal.
Work Camper Job TitlesCampground Managers and Work Campers can look for jobs commonly known as Work Campground Host Jobs, Camp Host Jobs, Campground Jobs, Work Camper Jobs, Work Camping Jobs, Campground Manager Jobs, RV Park Manager Jobs and Mobile Home Community Manager Jobs. Although the job titles vary, the jobs are fundamentally the same.
Work Camper LocationsDue to the change in seasons Campground Manager and Work Camper jobs in the northern states run from about May until October. In most southern states they run year-round.
Work Camper ConditionsCampground Managers and Work Campers most often live in their RV at the facility where they are hosting. Managers of mobile home communities are usually provided a single or double wide as part of their compensation package.
Typical Work Camper Duties
- Registering guest and collecting fees
- Solving guest problems
- Cleaning bathrooms, showers and exercise facilities
- Performing maintenance duties
- Assisting with activities and events
- Manage "recreation facilities" flotation device rentals, marina boat rentals and horseback riding rentals
Typical Work Camper Benefits
- Full hookup campsite – includes water, electric, cable TV and Wi-Fi. Occasionally. Employer that do not cover electric will typically provide a $50 to $100 Stipend.
- It is not unusual for the Employer to provide propane at their cost or at a discount.
- The number of hours Employers will require Work Campers to work per week can vary from 15, 18, 24, 30, 36 and 40 hours. A typical range is 18 to 24 hours. Work Camper are allowed to divide the number of required hours.
- Employers typically pay minimum wage for hours worked beyond the agreed upon number of hours per week.
Typical Work Camper ProblemsA small percentage of Employers will hire Work Campers under the pretense pertaining to the mandatory hours and jobs they will be required to perform in return for the benefits received...
- Work Campers may verbally agree to the total number of hours, number of hours per day, number of days per week and descriptions of the jobs they will be required to perform. When they arrive, they may find that what they agreed to have changed.
- Work Campers may verbally agree to the benefits they will receive. When they arrive, they find that what they agreed to have changed.
Work Campers Recommendations
- Think ahead and plan your next Work Camper job. The better jobs are taken first.
- Don’t be shy when it comes to negotiating your benefits, number of hours and jobs you will be required to perform.
- Ask the Employer if they have a Work Camper Agreement that outlines your benefits, number of hours and descriptions of the jobs you will be required to perform.
Typical Employer Problems
- Work Campers will accept a position, but not have the ability to perform the jobs that they committed to due to health reasons, physical attributes and/or the necessary skill sets.
- The Work Campers RV doesn’t meet the minimum requirements of the campground.
- Create a Work Camper Benefit Agreement.
- Before signing a Work Camper Benefit Agreement, request a picture of each Work Camper and their RV.
- Request that the Work Camper registers on CampgroundMaintenanceManager.com. There you can view the Work Camper's Public Profile page that includes links to their My Resume page, My Capabilities page, My Preferences page, Certificates & Licenses, My Work Camper Type Form page that includes their Maintenance Duty and Activity Capabilities, Preferred Work Days, Preferred Number of Work Days per Week and Preferred Number of Work Hours per Day. This information can be synced with the Camp MAINT Manager (CMM) Software.
Work Camper & Employer SolutionsFor the first-time Employers can Train & Manage their Work Campers from a Single, Intuitive Platform! CMM is the leading provider of employment and management services for Employers and Work Campers. The CMM website and Camp MAINT Manager (CMM) employee scheduler software that includes an employee task scheduler, combine to create the #1 My Campground Manager™ campground management system (CMS) that focuses on Work Camper jobs and scheduling the tasks they perform. This is the "first-of-its-kind" fully automated and integrated system that uses a Bilateral Methodology, giving Employers the unsurpassed ability to unite, hire, train and manage the best Work Campers. At the same time it gives Work Campers the unsurpassed ability to find a job that is the best match for their capabilities and preferences. Work Campers can also take advantage of the “NEW” My Resume Assistant when creating a resume. The results among Campground Managers and Work Campers is an increase in Productivity, Morale and the desire to extend their stay, reducing costly employee turnover. Employers that are using the My Campground Manager™ system are witnessing an increase in quality and quantity of work performed, customer satisfaction and ratings.
Employers that are tired of paying to post Campground Manager Jobs and Work Camper jobs should check out the "Free" benefits they will receive as a CMM Member.
Campground Managers and Work Campers that are tired of paying to post their resume to find a Campground Manager or Work Camper Job should check out the "Free" benefits they will receive as a CMM Member.
CMM makes it fast, easy and “Free” for Campground Managers and Work Campers to upload their resume, create one using the text editor, template or My Resume Assistant resume builder, find the best Campground Manager or Work Camper Job that matches their capabilities and preferences, and promote themselves to Employers with an eye-catching Public Profile Page.
Campground Managers and Work Campers, visit CampgroundMaintenanceManager.com "Today” to begin experiencing the countless "Free" benefits as a CMM member.